The original clubhouse was built in conjunction with the course in 1909. The site was chosen due to its proximity to the limited public transport available. By the late 20th century at least two alternative sites were on the table and had stong support. However, the opportunity was missed but with this in mind, we do have the most imposing panoramic vista from our lounge and patio area.
The original property underwent a number of changes, all directed towards providing more space and better facilities as the use of the clubhouse for social purposes had increased.
A major construction project in 2003 – 2004 provided new locker rooms, extended lounge and dining rooms, a games room, a 19th hole and a terrace.
From the aspect of the golf course, looking back, the building nestles comfortably into the hillside near the 18th green.