PARKSTONE GOLF CLUB
England Golf is launching a new SafeGolf accreditation for clubs which meet high standards to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people.
SafeGolf is a UK & Ireland safeguarding partnership which promotes a safe and positive environment for everyone in the sport. It offers a website – www.safegolf.org – through which anyone with a concern about the welfare of a player, or the behaviour or practice of a coach, volunteer, organiser, parent or a player, can contact the lead safeguarding officer at their national governing body.
We are delighted that Parkstone has been acredited with SafeGolf which shows we meet the standards for safeguarding which are already part of the GolfMark Award. This includes:
– Adopting the England Golf safeguarding policy and communicating this to members, visitors, staff and volunteers
– Ensuring safeguarding procedures are in place
– Ensuring procedures are in place to recruit and use staff and volunteers who work with children
– Appointing a club welfare officer, with a clear role description and training
– Providing regular training in safeguarding and child protection for professionals, staff and volunteers who work with children
For a full copy of the Safeguarding policy please click here
Our current Club welfare office is Sarah Primavesi
Below are appecicies from the policy which need to be read and understood by juniors and parents.
Code of Conduct for Young Golfers
Code of Conduct for Parents
Incident Report Form
Accident Report Form
Junior Profile and Parental Consent Form